1) Be grateful for difficult times. They showed you how strong you can be.
“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.”
2) Kindness is a quality of the strong.
“Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution.
3) Absolute truth exists, but we only find part of it.
“Say not, ‘I have found the truth,’ but rather, ‘I have found a truth.'”
“I am ignorant of absolute truth. But I am humble before my ignorance and therein lies my honor and my reward.”
4) Those who humiliate and belittle others, are small themselves
“To belittle, you have to be little.”
5) The harm others do to you is easier to forget than the harm you do to others.
“If the other person injures you, you may forget the injury; but if you injure him you will always remember.”
6) Perhaps you will forget those who made you laugh, but you will never forget those who were at your side in your darkest hours.
“You may forget with whom you laughed, but you will never forget with whom you wept.”
“Hearts united in pain and sorrow will not be separated by joy and happiness. Bonds that are woven in sadness are stronger than the ties of joy and pleasure. Love that is washed by tears will remain eternally pure and faithful.”
7) The simplest things in life are the most extraordinary.
“In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed. “
8) Love is life. And life is love.
” Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.”
9) Put love in your work.
“Work is love made visible. And if you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work and sit at the gate of the temple and take alms of those who work with joy.”
“They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price.”
10) We don’t see things as they are. We see things as we are.
“The appearance of things changes according to the emotions; and thus we see magic and beauty in them, while the magic and beauty are really in ourselves.”
11) True love cannot be possessed.
“Love gives nothing but itself, and takes nothing but from itself. Love does not possess, nor would it be possessed. And do not think that you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course. Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself.”
12) Love for others: the recipe for evolution
“If a man knew himself, he would know all mankind.’ I say: ‘If a man loved mankind,he would know something of himself.”